Working to Help Clients Thrive
Personal Bankruptcy in Los Angeles
Guiding Clients Through Each Phase of the Bankruptcy Process
The Bankruptcy Code is a complex law. If you are considering filing for bankruptcy in Los Angeles, then it’s crucial you plan ahead to make the process proceed efficiently. Our attorneys at Weintraub Zolkin Talerico & Selth LLP, can help you understand how the process will work for your specific set of facts. The following pages provide information on some specific elements of the process for filing a personal bankruptcy:
- Asset Protection: When you file for bankruptcy, not all of your assets will be lost. We find ways to help protect and save your properties from creditors so you can still maintain assets that are important to you.
- International Property: We provide guidance for bankruptcy filers who have offshore and international assets. Our team is equipped to handle any type of complex bankruptcy matter.
- Bankruptcy & Divorce: Our team regularly represents individuals who are facing financial difficulties during a divorce and need to file for bankruptcy. We can guide you through the bankruptcy process during your divorce.
- Collection Lawsuits: We provide full representation for creditors and debts who are involved in a collection lawsuit.
- Consumer vs Business Debt: Our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of business bankruptcy and can help business owners navigate the complicated bankruptcy process for business debts.
- Mandatory Disclosures: Bankruptcy requires full transparency and honesty in your assets. Our team walks you through what needs to be disclosed to help ensure that your case is successful.
- Nondischargeable Debts: Not all debt can be discharged in bankruptcy. We can help you determine which of your debts can be discharged and what debts will need to be repaid in your bankruptcy.
- Reaffirmation Agreements: In some cases, debtors may be interested in a reaffirmation agreement so that they can keep specific properties. We can advise you on whether this is a good idea for your situation.
- Stopping Creditor Harassment: Creditors can be relentless when it comes to collecting your debt. If you are tired of creditors harassing you and contacting you at all hours for payments, consider filing bankruptcy to put a stop to the calls.
- Stopping Repossession: If your car is in danger of being repossessed or has already been taken by creditors, filing for bankruptcy may help you get your car back.
- Wage Garnishments: When your paycheck is being garnished, it can be even more difficult to pay off the rest of your debts with less income. Bankruptcy can help you stop garnishments and more.
Bankruptcy can be confusing for most people and is often misunderstood. Learn more about the Bankruptcy Myths and the truth behind them, and contact our attorneys if you have any questions about filing for bankruptcy.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with a Bankruptcy Lawyer
When you speak with our legal team about your financial situation, we will advise you on what steps give you the best chance of keeping your assets and property. Bankruptcy does not necessarily mean you will lose your property. In fact, in many cases, bankruptcy is the best way to save your assets and property. We proudly serve clients across the greater Los Angeles area, and we will gladly take a look at your case and devise a strong legal strategy to pursue your debt relief goals.
To find out more about personal bankruptcy, by calling us at (310) 220-4147 today to schedule a free consultation with Weintraub Zolkin Talerico & Selth LLP.
Your Dedicated Legal Team
Hear From People We've Helped
Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for the LawSally C.
Courageous Judicial Officer of the CourtFormer Client
Honor, Compassion, and Zealous Respect for the LawMS
"David Zolkin’s tenacious advocacy restored my faith in the judicial system. He was able to secure an order dismissing the debtor’s case with a permanent bar; something unheard of in bankruptcy. This, in turn, protected my rights as a creditor."Former Client
"We remain incredibly grateful!"Patrick K.
"Jim Selth has always come through in a very professional, timely, and responsible manner."Marc B.
Thousands of Cases Handled
Our experienced attorneys have successfully represented thousands of businesses and individuals with financial problems.
We Offer Cost-Effective Expertise
Flexible fee arrangements enable small and mid-sized businesses to obtain the type of relief usually reserved only for large companies.
Big Firm Experience at a Boutique Price
Each of our partners have decades of experience helping clients successfully navigate all kinds of complex financial matters.
A Full-Service Bankruptcy Law Firm
One of the few true full-service bankruptcy firms in Los Angeles specializing in all chapters of the Bankruptcy Code and out of bankruptcy solutions.
We can help you find clarity and peace of mind so you can move ahead to a positive future with your financial situation under control.