Los Angeles Medical Debt Attorneys
Overcoming Unpaid Medical Bills
If you are tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt due to medical expenses, there are options available to put an end to the stress and anxiety. Medical bills are typically qualified as unsecured debt and may be dischargeable through bankruptcy. This, however, is a last resort. Our attorneys are not only experienced in helping people overcome their medical debt through bankruptcy, but we also can identify alternatives.
Even with health insurance, you may be overwhelmed by copays, deductibles, uncovered services and other out-of-pocket expenses. If an insurance company denies your claim for a major medical expense, you may also accumulate substantial medical debt. Our attorneys have decades of experience in helping people overcome their debts, including medical debts. We may be able to help you. Call Weintraub & Selth, APC, because:
- Our attorneys have decades of experience helping individuals and couples file bankruptcy.
- We have helped innumerable clients throughout California overcome medical debt through bankruptcy or other options.
- We may use the threat of bankruptcy in debt negotiations to get our clients settlements for pennies on the dollar.
- Weintraub & Selth, APC, offers comprehensive debt relief. We are prepared to help you with all of your debt including, but not limited to, medical bills.
- There is no “one-size-fits-all” solution to debt. Our attorneys will devise a legal strategy designed specifically for your circumstances.
- We are your advocates and your partners so we will always listen to your goals and your preferences.
No matter how complex your finances or how much debt you have, we have the resources and the experience to help. Contact us online or call our Los Angeles office at 310-584-7702.
You Can Eliminate Medical Debt
Medical debt is often a significant factor for people considering bankruptcy even though the vast majority are insured. Even families and individuals with otherwise healthy finances may become overwhelmed by medical debt. While some people accumulate medical debt because they do not have health insurance, this is typically not the case. Many individuals suffer injury or illness that prevents them from going back to work or maintaining their earning level. Workers’ compensation may not be enough. Insurance coverage may not be enough. Some people who were able to make ends meet before they suffered injury or illness have been forced into a financial struggle that seems insurmountable. Our attorneys have seen these scenarios many times. We can help.
Medical bills are typically considered unsecured debt because, usually, there is no collateral to secure the money you owe. A creditor cannot repossess medical services you have received. High unsecured debt, including medical debt, is a common reason people seek bankruptcy relief.
In most cases, unsecured debt is discharged under Chapter 7 bankruptcy. It may also be discharged under Chapter 11 or Chapter 13 if a repayment plan is necessary or desirable. We can help you with this. The lawyers at Weintraub & Selth, APC, have extensive experience guiding clients through these options. Do not struggle with your debt any longer. Call Weintraub & Selth, APC, for knowledgeable and experienced medical debt relief attorneys.