Mr. Selth is a graduate of University of California, Riverside where he received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science and served an internship in the United States Senate. In 1985 he received his Juris Doctor Degree, Cum Laude, from Western State University. Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Selth served an internship in the United States Senate and was employed for seven years by California Federal Savings & Loan Association, where he last worked as Assistant Vice President and Branch Manager of Cal Fed’s Pasadena office.
Mr. Selth served as a Deputy District Attorney in Orange County for two years before joining the firm of McKinley & Capeloto in Pasadena in 1988, where he was a partner from 1994 until 2001. In 2002 Mr. Selth joined Weintraub Law Corporation as Senior Counsel. The firm became known as Weintraub & Selth, APC in 2004.
Mr. Selth is recognized as one of the leading consumer and small business bankruptcy attorneys in Southern California, and is a State Bar Certified Legal Specialist in bankruptcy law. His hands-on approach to each of his cases and dedication to the highest level of client satisfaction has helped hundreds of clients emerge from bankruptcy with the goal of a discharge and “fresh start” accomplished. Many of Weintraub & Selth’s clients have successfully completed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy and received their discharge even after other attorneys told them they did not qualify for Chapter 7.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Debt Negotiation
- Chapter 11 Reorganization
- Out-of-Court Workouts
- Consumer Bankruptcies
- Lien Stripping
- Consumer Protection
- Debtor/Creditor Representation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, Member
- Financial Lawyers Conference, Member
- Central District Consumers Bankruptcy Attorneys Association, Member
- Provisors, Member
Past Employment Positions
- California Federal Savings & Loan Association, Assistant Vice President & Branch Manager, 1979 – 1986
- Orange County District Attorney, Deputy District Attorney, 1986 – 1988
- McKinley & Capeloto, Partner, 1988 – 2002